A new method for99mTc generator preparation
- 38 Downloads
The authors report here a new approach for making99mTc generators based on neutron irradiation of metallic molybdates and direct elution eliminating intermediate chemical processing steps. This approach tested using zirconium molybdate was found to yield99mTc with good yield and purity. This seems to be the simplest way of making column type99mTc generator even using low flux reactors and merits further detailed evaluation.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Zirconium Inorganic Chemistry Molybdate Processing Step
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Special issue on Technetium-99m, edited by W.C. Eckelman, B.M. Coursay,Int. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 33 /1982/ 10.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Kristensen, Preparation and Control of Radiopharmaceuticals in Hospitals, Technical Report Series, 194 IAEA, Vienna, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.R.E. Boyd,Radiochem. Acta, 50 /1982/ 123.Google Scholar
- 5.R.S. Mani, D. V. S. Narasimhan, Radiopharmaceuticals and Labelled Compounds STI/PUB/294 IAEA, Vienna, 1973, Vol. I, p. 135.Google Scholar
- 6.J.V. Evans, P.W. Moore, Proceeding of World Congress of Nuclear Medicine and Biology held in Paris August, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.D.V.S. Narasimhan, P. Vanaja, R.S. Mani,Radiochem. Radioanal. Lett. /communicated/.Google Scholar
- 8.United States Pharmacopea, Vol. XX /1980/ p. 764.Google Scholar