Preparation of99mTc-thiourea complex as a precursor for Tc(III) labeled compounds
- 32 Downloads
Ligand exchange is one of the possible synthetic routes to obtain99mTc coordination compounds. However, the success of this route depends on the availability of good precursors. The objective of this work is the preparation of the complex [99mTc(tu)6]3+ (tu = thiourea), as a potential precursor for99mTc(III) coordination compounds. The preparation was successfully performed in acidic conditions, the excess of tu serving as reducing agent. At pH values higher than 3, the compound becomes unstable and on addition of polydentate ligands new Tc(III) complexes are formed. With edta, the complex99mTc(III)-edta was obtained in high yield.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Edta Inorganic Chemistry Thiourea Acidic Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Deutsch, K. Libson, S. Jurisson,Prog. Inorg. Chem., 30 (1983) 75.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Omori,Topics in Current Chemistry, 176 (1996) 253.Google Scholar
- 3.W.A. Volkert, D.E. Troutner, R.A. Holmes,Int. J. Appl. Radiat. Isot., 33 (1982) 891.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Fritzberg, S. Kasina, D. Eshima, D. Johnson,J. Nucl. Med., 27 (1980) 111.Google Scholar
- 7.M.J. Abrams, A. Davison, A. Faggiani, A.G. Jones, C.J.L. Lock,Inorg. Chem., 23 (1984) 3284.Google Scholar
- 8.G. Bandoli, U. Mazzi, H. Spies, R. Münze, E. Ludwig, E. Ulhemann, D. Scheller,Inorg. Chim. Acta, 132 (1987) 177.Google Scholar
- 9.C. Kremer, E. Kremer,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Letters, 175 (1993) 445.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Hashimoto, H. Wada, T. Omori, K. Yoshihara,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Letters, 153 (1991) 283.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Hashimoto, H. Wada, T. Omori, K. Yoshihara,Radiochim. Acta, 63 (1993) 173.Google Scholar
- 12.J. Gancheff, R. González, C. Kremer, E. Kremer, in: Technetium and Rhenium in Chemistry and Nuclear Medicine 4 (Ed. by M. Nicolini, G. Bandoli, U. Mazzi) SGE Editoriali, 1995.Google Scholar
- 13.K. Hashimoto, T. Omori,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Letters, 188 (1994) 391.Google Scholar