Pollutant immobilization in column of Ag-clinoptilolite
- 41 Downloads
Uptake of iodide radionuclide from model solutions has been tested by means of three various deposit clinoptilolites (of Nižný Hrabovec — Slovakia, Mád — Hungary and Wyoming —USA). The samples were chemically modified into more or less Ag-forms and the tests on adsorption were performed using columns packed with grain-sized zeolites. Breakthrough properties of iodide in dependence of competive chloride and phosphate ions were examined, respectively. Mathematical expressions of the adsorption profiles of iodide in Ag-columns as well as some Shilov constants of dynamic experiments were estimated. The highest capacity data to iodide were exhibited by the Ag-modified Slovakian clinoptilolite (102.7 mg/g) and the lowest one by the Hungarian sample (71.6 mg/g).
KeywordsPhosphate Chloride Inorganic Chemistry Zeolite Immobilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Chmielewská-Horváthová, J. Lesný,Pol. Journal of Environ. Studies, 5 (2) (1996) 13.Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. Oscarson, R. Taylor, H. G. Miller, S. C. H. Cheung,Applied Clay Science, 1 (1985) 115.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Mimura, F. Tachibana, K. Akiba,J. Nucl. Sci. Techn., 29 (1) (1992) 78.Google Scholar
- 4.G. D. Gradev,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Articles, 116 (1987) 341.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Pitter et al., Laboratory Methods in Water Technology, SNTL Prague 1983 (in Czech).Google Scholar