Preliminary phantom measurements for in vivo activation analysis of calcium in the human forearm
Preliminary phantom measurements were carried out for regional determination of calcium in the human forearm. Two paraffine phantoms /“large” and “small”/ were activated, either in the free space or surrounded by paraffine plates, by a252Cf neutron source. Differences between neutron flux densities in positions of the ulna and radius are discussed.
KeywordsCalcium Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Flux Density Activation Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D.B. Appleby, L. Burkinshaw, D. Marshall, B. Oldroyd, C.B. Oxby, Nuclear Activation Techniques in the Life Sciences, Proc. Symp. IAEA held in Bled 1972, IAEA, Vienna 1972, p. 617.Google Scholar
- 3.R.E. Bigler, J.A. Kostick, J.S. Laughlin, S. Hopfan, D.S. Davis,Trans. Nucl. Sci., 24 /1977/ 559.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Guey, P. Leitienne, P.Y. Zech, J. Traeger, J.B. Doyen, J.P. Breton, Nuclear Activation Techniques in the Life Sciences, Proc. Symp. IAEA held in Vienna 1978, IEAE, Vienna 1979, p. 701.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Seiler, Report — Kernforschungszentrum Karlsruhe, KFK 2420, 1977, S. 90.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Tothill, M.A. Smith, J.D. Simpson, I. Chew, J.N. McPherson, R.L. Winney, J.A. Strong, Proc. Symp. IAEA held in Vienna 1978, Vienna 1979, p. 687.Google Scholar