Bound water determination in lateritic mineral by neutron reflection method
The neutron reflection method was applied for the determination of the bound water content and its spread in lateritic mineral. The aim of the work was to study the influence of bound water on the accuracy of the moisture measurement. The distribution of bound water in the mineral can be described by a normal Gaussian curve.
KeywordsReflection Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Gaussian Curve Reflection Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Carr-Brion, Moisture Sensors in Process Control, Elsevier Applied Science Publishers Ltd., Essex, England (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Desdín, R. Pérez, International Symposium on Nuclear Techniques in the Exploration and Exploitation of Energy and Mineral Resources, IAEA-SM-308/25, Vienna, Austria, 5–8 June (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Desdín et al., Memorias II Simposio Internacional de Mineria y Metalurgía (MINIMETAL-91), 20–22 noviembre (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.Al-Jabori et al.,Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 33 (1978) 133.Google Scholar
- 5.Neutron Moisture Gauge, TRS No 112, IAEA, Vienna (1970).Google Scholar