Characteristics and behavior of a99Mo/99mTc generator using irradiated titanium molybdate as column matrix
- 46 Downloads
A99Mo/99mTc generator, system was made with a performed titanium molybdate gel. The irradiation was carried out at a medium neutron flux of 1.5×1013 n cm−2·s−1. The irradiated matrix was loaded on top of a column composed of hydrous zirconium oxide alumina. The elution efficiency and the amount of total technetium per mCi99mTc in the generator eluents have been determined. Molybdenum breakthrough has also been determined and compared with literature values. The influence of the particle size, water content, neutron flux and molybdenum content on the total99mTc-activity has been investigated.
KeywordsParticle Size Zirconium Molybdenum Molybdate Neutron Flux
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.E. Holland, E. Deuts, W.R. Heineman,Int. J. Appl. Radiat. Isot., 47 (1986) 173.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Vanaja, N. Ramamoorthy, Sarawathy P.S. Mani,Radiochim. Acta, 42 (1987) 42.Google Scholar
- 3.Bell. Russel Norman,Industrial Inorg. Chem., 70 (1969) 49090.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Vućina, S. Milenković, V. Sčepanović,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 120 (1988) 205.Google Scholar
- 5.M.E. Holland, E. Deuts, W.R. Heineman, E.M. Holland,Int. J. Appl. Radiat. Isot., 37 (1986) 165.Google Scholar