TDPAC study of indium oxide
TDPAC measurements on polycristalline indium oxide powder using the well known 174–245 keV cascade of111In were performed at different temperatures. In accordance with X-ray diffraction data,111In was observed in two sites which are clearly distinguishable by the coordinations of the nearest neighbor oxygen ions. A calculation of the ionic electric field gradient produced by these gave fair agreement with the experimental ratio of the two field gradients, the asymmetry parameters and the relative fraction of In ions at both sites. The observed quadrupole interaction parameters are very similar to the ones found in the internal oxidation of In in Ag and AgIn alloys.
KeywordsInteraction Parameter Field Gradient Electric Field Gradient Fair Agreement Internal Oxidation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).A.F. Pasquevich, et al., Phys. Lett. 82A(1981)34; Phys. Rev. B27(1983)863.Google Scholar
- (2).P. Wodniecki and B. Wodniecka, Hyp. Int. 12(1982)95.Google Scholar
- (3).W. Bolse, P. Wodniecki, H. Schröder, M. Uhrmacher and K.P. Lieb, Phys. Lett. 93A (1983) 429.Google Scholar
- (4).H. Salomon, Nucl. Phys. 54(1964) 171.Google Scholar
- (5).H. Schröder, diploma thesis, Göttingen (1981) unpubl.; W. Bolse, diploma thesis, Göttingen (1982) unpubl.Google Scholar
- (6).H. Schröder, et al., to be publ.Google Scholar
- (7).F. James and H. Roos, CERN program library D506/D516 (1977).Google Scholar
- (8).J. Kajfosz, Rep. Nr. 858/PM, Inst. Nucl. Phys. Cracow (1973) unpubl.Google Scholar
- (9).M. Marezio, Acta Cryst. 20(1966)723.Google Scholar