Hysteresis and γ-recoil effects in the superconducting compounds HfxZr1−xV2
- 12 Downloads
The anisotropy of the 133–182 keV γ-γ cascade in181Ta measured as a function of temperature between 70K and 298K shows lattice instability, the phenomenon of hysteresis in the vicinity of the lattice transformation temperature (TL) and a temperature dependent electric field gradient (EFG) at the cubic Hf sites in the superconducting cubic Laves phase (C15) compounds Hf1−xZrxV2 (x=0.0, 0.25 and 0.75). These observations are qualitatively understood by assuming the presence of γ-recoil effects and microdomains fluctuating between the high temperature (T>TL) and the low temperature (T < TL) phases of these compounds.
KeywordsThin Film Anisotropy Transformation Temperature Field Gradient Electric Field Gradient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Kimura, Japan J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) 517Google Scholar
- H. Saji and T. Yamadaya, Phys. Lett. 39A (1972) 359Google Scholar
- H.C. Jain and M.A.A. Saad, Phys. Lett. A (to be published)Google Scholar
- A.C. Lawson and W.J. Zachariasen, Phys. Lett. 38A (1972) 1Google Scholar
- J.W. Hafstrom, G.S. Knapp and A.T. Aldred, Phys. Rev. B17 (1978) 2892Google Scholar