Interaction of yeasts and some nitrogen fixing bacteria on nodulation of legumes
- 47 Downloads
Combined inoculation ofRhizobium trifolii withSaccharomyces cerevisiae and other yeasts generally enhanced the number of nodules, length of plants and dry weight of Egyptian clover (Trifolium alexandrinum) seedlings grown on agar slopes. Similar effects were observed when seedlings were inoculated withR. trifolii in the presence of dialyzed culture filtrate ofS. cerevisiae.
Key wordsInteraction Rhizobium Root nodulation Saccharomyces cerevisiae Yeasts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chao W L and Alexander M 1981 Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 45, 48–50.Google Scholar
- 3.Damigri S M and Johnson H W 1966 Agron. J. 58, 223–224.Google Scholar
- 4.Hattingh M J and Louw H A 1966 Afr. J. Agric. Sci. 9, 239–251.Google Scholar
- 5.Islam R et al. 1980 Plant and Soil 54, 107–117.Google Scholar
- 7.Mosse B 1977 New Phytol. 78, 277–288.Google Scholar
- 9.Redente E F and Reeves F B 1981 Soil Sciences 132, 410–415.Google Scholar
- 10.Sethi R P and Subba Rao N S 1968 J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol. 14, 325–327.Google Scholar
- 11.Singh C S and Subba Rao N S 1979 Plant and Soil 53, 105–108.Google Scholar
- 12.Subba Rao N Set al. 1984 Soil Biol. Biochem. (In press).Google Scholar
- 13.Wickenham L J 1951 Techn. Bull. 1029, U.S.D.A. Washington, D.C.Google Scholar