Multivariate polynomial interpolation under projectivities II: Neville-Aitken formulas
- 61 Downloads
This is the second part of a note on interpolation by real polynomials of several real variables. For certain regular knot systems (geometric or regular meshes, tensor product grids), Neville-Aitken algorithms are derived explicitly. By application of a projectivity they can be extended in a simple way to arbitrary (k+1)-pencil lattices as recently introduced by Lee and Phillips. A numerical example is given.
Subject classifications65D05 41A05 41A63
KeywordsPolynomial interpolation multivariate polynomials projectivities Neville-Aitken
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Berezin and N. Zhidkov,Computing Methods (2 vols.) (Addison-Wesley, 1965).Google Scholar
- M. Gasca and E. Lebrón, On Aitken-Neville formulae for multivariate interpolation, in:Numerical Approximation of Partial Differential Equations, E.L. Ortiz (ed.) (Elsevier Science, 1987) pp. 133–140.Google Scholar
- M. Gasca and G. Mühlbach, Multivariate interpolation: A survey with regard to extrapolation, IMACS 1 (1989) 431–436.Google Scholar
- S.L. Lee and G.M. Phillips, Interpolation on the simplex by homogeneous polynomials, in:ISNM 86 (Birkhäuser, Basel, 1988) pp. 295–305.Google Scholar
- S.L. Lee and G.M. Phillips, Construction of lattices for Lagrange interpolation in projective spaces, to appear in Constructive Approximation.Google Scholar