OSI usage metering function for the OSIMIS management platform
- 21 Downloads
The large diversity of existing computer networks associated with the need for integrated solutions encompassing resources and services has resulted in proposals being put forward for international standards. The aim of these proposals has been to facilitate interoperability and interconnectivity of systems from various suppliers. Within this context, and making reference to the ISO and ITU-T standards for system and network management, this paper presents an extension to the OSIMIS (OSI Management Information Service) management platform through implementing the Usage Metering Function. An application is described demonstrating practical features of the implemented function.
Key WordsAccounting Management OSI Model OSIMIS Network Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISO/IEC 10165-4, Information technology, open systems interconnection, structure of management information-Part 4: guidelines for definition of managed objects, March 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.ISO/IS 9596, Information technology, open system interconnection, common management information protocol, July 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.ISO/IS 9595, Information technology, open system interconnection, common management information service, July 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC 10165-1, Information technology, open systems interconnection, structure of management information—Part 1: management information model, March 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.M. T. Rose, J. P. Onions, and C. J. Robbins,The ISO Development Environment User's Manual, PSI Inc./X-Tel Services Ltd., July 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Pavlou, S. N. Bhatti, and G. Knight,The OSI Management Information Service User's Manual, Version 1.0, February 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Pavlou, G. Knight, S. N. Bhatti, et al., The OSIMIS platform: making OSI management simple, International Symposium on Integrated Network Management ISINM'95, Santa Barbara, California, May 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC 10164-10, Information technology, open systems interconnection systems management—Part 10: usage metering function, July 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Cowan, S. N. Bhatti, and G. Pavlou,OSIMIS GDMO Compiler User Manual, Department of Computer Science, University College London, August 1993.Google Scholar