Graph algorithms on a tree-structured parallel computer
- 39 Downloads
Parallel algorithms for some graph-theoretic problems on a tree-structured computer are presented. In particular, ifp denotes the number of processing elements, algorithms that run inO(n2/p) time for finding connected components, transitive closure and the minimum spanning tree of an undirected graph withn vertices are obtained.
KeywordsSIMD computer systolic computer parallel algorithm graph algorithm time complexity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Atallah and S. R. Kosaraju,Graph problems on a meshed-connected processor array, Proc. 14th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, May 1982, pp. 345–353.Google Scholar
- 2.J. L. Bently and H. T. Kung,A tree machine for searching problems, Proc. 1979 International Conf. on Parallel Processing, Aug. 1979, pp. 257–266.Google Scholar
- 3.J. L. Bently,A parallel algorithm for constructing minimum spanning trees, J. Algorithm, Vol. 1, 1980, pp. 51–59.Google Scholar
- 4.F. Y. Chin, J. Lam and I. N. Chen,Efficient parallel algorithms for some graph problems, Comm. ACM, Vol. 25, No. 9, 1982, pp. 659–665.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Dekel, D. Nassimi and S. Sahni,Parallel matrix and graph algorithms, SIAM J. Computing, Vol. 10, No. 4, 1981, pp. 657–675.Google Scholar
- 6.D. S. Hirschberg, A. K. Chandra and P. V. Sarwate,Computing connected components on parallel computers, Comm. ACM, Vol. 22, No. 8, 1979, pp. 461–464.Google Scholar
- 7.H. T. Kung,The structure of parallel algorithms, Advances in Computers, Vol. 19, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Nassimi and S. Sahni,Finding connected components and connected ones on a meshed-connected parallel computer, SIAM J. Comput., Vol. 9, No. 4, 1980, pp. 744–751.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Nath and S. N. Maheshwari,Parallel algorithms for the connected and minimal spanning tree problems, Inform. Proc. Lett., Vol. 14, (1982), pp. 7–11.Google Scholar
- 10).E. M. Reingold, J. Nievergelt and N. Deo,Combinatorial Algorithms: Theory and Practice, Prentice-Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.C. Savage and J. Ja' Ja',Fast, efficient parallel algorithms for some graph problems, SIAM J. Comput., Vol. 10, No. 4, 1981, pp. 682–691.Google Scholar