Stabilization of copper refining waste in cement matrix using thermal analysis
- 30 Downloads
The objects of the paper are the results of the study on the compatibility of copper refining waste with cement system. The study based on the use of thermal analysis and the comparison of its results with further applied methods (tests of setting, compressive strength and pore analysis) showed good compatibility of the waste up to 20% dose opposite to the cement. It seems that the waste action in cement paste with the Ca(OH)2 binding, produced in the cement process hydration, is connected.
Keywordscopper p-cement waste isolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Takahashi, M. Kanaya, I. Hirakida and R. Yoshida, Cement and Concrete Research, 7 (1977) 283.Google Scholar
- 2.T. M. Gilliam, L. R. Dole and E. W. Mc Daniel, Waste Immobilization in Cement-based Grouts, ASTM SPec. Publ., American Concrete Institute, Detroit 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Auliquie, J. P. Ollivier and G. Grandet, Cement and Concrete Research, 13 (1983) 79.Google Scholar
- 4.V. Živica, The inhibition of concrete reinforcement corrosion by admixture of metal oxides, Proc. 4th NCB Int. Seminar on Cement and Building Materials, N. Delhi 12–15 Dec. 1994 (in press).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Živica, Build. Res. J., 42 (1994), in press.Google Scholar