Simultaneous determination of uranium and thorium using 4-(2′-thiazolylazo)resacetophenone oxime as analytical reagent. A derivative spectrophotometric method
- 45 Downloads
A first derivative spectrophotometric method has been developed for the simultaneous determination of uranium(VI) and thorium(IV) when present in the same solution using 4-(2′-tiazolylazo)resacetophenone oxime (TARPO) as analytical reagent without prior separation of any of the metals or using masking agents, etc. The method allows the determination of uranium and thorium in their mixtures in the range of 0–10 ppm each. Many common anions and cations even in large quantities do not interfere.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Uranium Thorium Oxime
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. G. AANDERSON, G. NICKLESS, Analyst, 92 (1967) 207.Google Scholar
- 2.H. R. HOVIND, Analyst, 100 (1975) 769.Google Scholar
- 3.L. YIPING, Huaxue Shiji, 9 (1987) 21.Google Scholar
- 4.A. JIMENEZ, F. JIMENEZ, J. J. ARIAS, Analyst, 114 (1989) 93.Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. MAIGAREJO, A. G. CESPEDES, J. M. CANO PAVAN, Analyst, 114 (1989) 114.Google Scholar
- 6.R. KURODA, M. KUROSAKI, T. HATASHIBE, S. ISHIMARU, Talanta, 37 (1990) 619.Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. VOGEL, A Text-book of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, Longman, London, 1968, p. 540.Google Scholar
- 8.F. J. WELCHER, The Analytical Uses of Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid, D. Van Nostrand, London, 1957, p. 197.Google Scholar