Plastic analysis of structures and duality in linear programming
- 45 Downloads
The possibility of formulating the static and kinematic methods of plastic analysis theory as dual linear programming problems is extended to the cases of monodimensional structures under combined stresses with piecewise linear yield curves (or surfaces).
KeywordsMechanical Engineer Civil Engineer Programming Problem Analysis Theory Linear Programming Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Gavarini,Fundamental plastic analysis theorems and duality in linear programming, in “Ingegneria Civile”, n. 18, 1966 (both in Italian and in English).Google Scholar
- A. Charnes-C. E. Lemke-O. C. Zienkiewicz,Virtual work, linear programming and plastic limit analysis, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Series A-Math. and Phys. Sciences, May 1959.Google Scholar
- P. G. Hodge,Plastic analysis of structures, New York, 1959.Google Scholar
- W. T. Koiter,General theorems for elastic-plastic solids—Chapter IV, in “Progress in solid Mechanics”, Vol. I, Sneddon and Hill Editors, 1960.Google Scholar
- G. Ceradini-C. Gavarini,Calcolo a rottura e programmazione lineare, in “Giornale del Genio Civile”, gennaio-febbraio 1965.Google Scholar
- P. Wolfe,A duality theorem for non-linear programming, Quartely of Applied Mathematics, Vol. XIX, n. 3, 1961.Google Scholar
- P. Huard,Dual Programs, in “Recent Advances in Mathematical Programming”, Ed. Graves and Wolfe, 1963.Google Scholar
- H. W. Kuhn andA. W. Tucker,Nonlinear Programming, Proc. 2nd Berkeley Symp. on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, 1951.Google Scholar
- J. Abadie,Elements de Programmation Mathématique, Summer School on Operational Research, Varenna 1964.Google Scholar