AStreptococcus mutans immunogen that reacts equally withS. mutans antibody of all serotypes
- 16 Downloads
We have studied a possible immunogen fromS. mutans that has the capability of producing antibody toS. mutans which reacts equally well with all serotypes. This immunogen, a ribosomal preparation, is immunogenic in mice, is antigenic with rabbit anti-S. mutans, and is antigenic with the human antibody that also reacts withS. mutans. The human antibody is of the IgG class and S-IgA class.
KeywordsHuman Antibody Ribosomal Preparation Mutans Antibody
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bratthall D, Petterson B (1979) Common and unique antigens ofStreptococcus mutans. J Dent Res 55: Special Issue, A60Google Scholar
- Campbell DH, Garvey JS, Cremer NE, Sussdorf DH (1977) In: Methods in immunology, 3rd ed, Benjamin, New York, NY, p 522Google Scholar
- Gregory RL, Shechmeister IL (1982) Human and cell-mediated responses to a ribosomal preparation fromStreptococcus mutans. Infect Immun 35:1094–1101Google Scholar
- Kabat FA, Mayer M (1961) In: Experimental immunochemistry, 2nd ed, Thomas, Springfield, MO, p 708Google Scholar
- Orland FJ, Blayney JR, Harrison RW, Reyniers JA, Trexler PC, Ervin RF, Gordon HA, Wagner M (1955) Experimental caries in germ-free rats inoculated with enterocci. J Amer Dent Assoc 50259–272Google Scholar
- Perch B, Kjems E, Ravn T (1974) Biochemical and serological properties ofStreptococcus mutans from various human and animal sources. Acta Path Microbiol Scand 82:357Google Scholar
- Pittman B, Harris PP, Herbert GA, Cherry W (1976) Optimum immunization of rabbits forStreptococcus mutans antiserum and conjugate production and studies of batch immunoabsorption method. J Dent Res 55: Special Issue A, 65–75Google Scholar
- Snedecor GW, Cochran WG (1967) Statistical methods. 6th ed, The Iowa University Press, IowaGoogle Scholar