Self-oscillations in a cyclotron maser with background plasma
- 16 Downloads
The dynamics of a cyclotron maser is considered in a two-level approximation with nonlinear inertia saturation of absorption due to background plasma heating. The conditions of the existence of a self-oscillation mode in the presence of a permanent source of energetic particles in this system and a particle acceleration process in adiabatic magnetic compression of the plasma are specified. The self-oscillation characteristics are studied numerically as functions of the parameters of the system.
KeywordsQuantum Electronics Nonlinear Optic Particle Acceleration Energetic Particle Plasma Heating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Demekhov and V. Yu. Trakhtengerts,Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz.,29, No. 9, 1117 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Gaponov-Grekhov, V. M. Glagolev, and V. Yu. Trakhtengerts,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,80, No. 6, 2198 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. L. Bogomolov, A. G. Demekhov, V. Yu. Trakhtengerts, et al.,Fiz. Plazmy,14, No. 5, 539 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.P. A. Bespalov and V. Yu. Trakhtengerts,Alfvén Masers [in Russian], LAP RAS Press, Nizhny Novgorod (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. I. Khanin,Dynamics of Quantum Generators [in Russian], Sovetskoye Radio, Moscow (1975), p. 74.Google Scholar