A modified equation for single-mode superradiance kinetics
- 19 Downloads
A new method is proposed for decoupling the chain of quantum equations, which incorporates the fluctuations in the population difference between levels in the atoms near the maximum in the superradiance intensity. A new system of equations is derived that describes a broader and more unsymmetrical superradiance pulse than does the results of [1–4]. The new solutions improve the agreement between theory and experiment .
KeywordsQuantum Electronics Nonlinear Optic Population Difference Quantum Equation Superradiance Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. H. Dicke, Phys. Rev.,93, 99 (1954).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Andreev, V. I. Emel'yanov, and Yu. A. Il'inskii, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,131, 653 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Ressayer and A. Tallet, Phys. Rev.,A15, 2410 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Emel'yanov and V. N. Semenogov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,76, 34 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.H. M. Gibbs, Q. H. F. Vrehen, and H. M. J. Kilspoors, Phys. Rev. Lett.,38, 764 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.N. I. Bogolyubov, Statistical Physics and Quantum Field Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973), p. 97.Google Scholar
- 7.H. B. Callen, Phys. Rev.,130, 890 (1963).Google Scholar