Thermal decomposition of Np(IV) and Pu(III, IV) oxalates
- 41 Downloads
Thermal decomposition of Pu(C2O4)2·6H2O, Pu2(C2O4)3·10H2O and Np(C2O4)2 ·6H2O has been studied by using combination of gas chromatography, infrared spectroscopy, spectrophotometry and complex thermal analysis. We also investigated the decomposition of Pu oxalate under its α-radiation. The reduction of Pu(IV) to Pu(III) has been confirmed. We found Np(V), which is formed from Np(IV), on the basis of infrared and absorption spectra of the intermediate compounds.
KeywordsOxalate Thermal Decomposition Fourth Stage Fractional Conversion Inert Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. M. MYERS, USAEC Report HN 45128, 1956.Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. KARTUSHOVA, T. I. RUDENKO, V. V. FOMIN, Atomnaya Energiya, 5 (1958) 24.Google Scholar
- 4.A. D. GELMAN, L. P. SOKHINA, ING, 3 (1958) 1100.Google Scholar
- 5.L. P. SOKHINA, A. D. GELMAN, ING, 5 (1960) 1013.Google Scholar
- 13.B. KENNINGHAM, in: Actinides, G. T. SEABORG and P. KATZ (Eds), Moscow, Foreign Literature, 1955, p. 308.Google Scholar
- 14.J. K. DOWSON, R. M. ELLIOTT, Report AERE-c/R-1207, 1953.Google Scholar
- 15.V. G. ZUBAREV, N. N. KROT, Radiokhimiya, 23 (1981) 857.Google Scholar