Heat transfer in magnetohydrodynamic flow near a stagnation point
- 21 Downloads
Steady, axisymmetric, magnetohydrodynamic flow with a stagnation point on an infinite plane wall is considered with a magnetic field applied normal to the wall. Solutions are obtained in the form of series for the velocity, magnetic field and temperature when the magnetic field parameter (γ) and the ratio of viscosity to magnetic diffusivity (ε) are small. The caseγ=O(1) is considered briefly when solutions which Meyer3) obtained by physical order-of-magnitude arguments are derived mathematically as expansions inε. Some remarks are made on the consistency of extending the results to flow within the boundary layer near the nose of a bluff body.
KeywordsViscosity Magnetic Field Heat Transfer Boundary Layer Stagnation Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Neuringer, J. L. andW. McIlroy, J. Aero. Sci.25 (1958) 5.Google Scholar
- 2).Rossow, V. J., J. Aero. Sci.25 (1958) 5.Google Scholar
- 3).Meyer, R. X., Z.A.M.P.XI (1960) 2.Google Scholar
- 4).Axford, W. I., Appl. Sci. Res.B 9 (1961) 3.Google Scholar
- 5).Glauert, M. B., J. Fluid Mech.10 (1961) 2.Google Scholar
- 6).Glauert, M. B., J. Fluid Mech.12 (1962) 4.Google Scholar
- 7).Gribben, R. J., Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math.12 (1965) 3.Google Scholar
- 8).Gribben, R. J., Proc. Roy. Soc.A 287 (1965) 123.Google Scholar
- 9).Goldstein, S. (Ed.), Modern Developments in Fluid Dynamics. Clarendon Press, 1938.Google Scholar