Analysis of deformations of the Earth's crust by laser interferometers
- 14 Downloads
Results of measurement of phugoid oscillations of the Earth by a laser interferometric complex, which contains two interferometers of Michelson type, are given. Using the results of 900 h of processing, the spectrum of oscillations of the Earth in the range of periods from 20 to 310 min is obtained as well as the spectrum of free oscillations of the Earth in the seismic quiet time. The multiplet spectrum of oscillations of the Earth in the interval of 160 min is isolated.
KeywordsFree Oscillation Laser Interferometer Quiet Time Multiplet Spectrum Michelson Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. L. Brzherinskii and G. M. Margolina, “Measurement of the indicator of refraction of air in the representation of the unit of length on the standard interference comparator,” Metrologiya, No. 2, 70–74 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.S. V. Vorontsov and V. N. Zharkov, “Free oscillations of the Sun and gigantic planets,” Usp. Fiz. Nauk,134, No. 4, 675–709 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Zolotov, V. V. Nesterov, and Yu. P. Pugach, “The influence of the frequency modulation of a laser beam on the gauge of displacements,” Opt.-Mekh. Promyshlennost', No. 7, 1–3 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Lin'kov, Seismic Effects [in Russian], Leningrad University Publisher House, Leningrad (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Medvedev, V. V. Nesterov, and V. A. Pervomaiskii, “Measurements of oscillations of the Earth's crust by a laser interferometer-deformograph with a fiber optics,” Avtometriya, No. 5, 70–83 (1985).Google Scholar