The motion of a rigid spherical inclusion in an elastic medium under the action of plane waves
- 26 Downloads
Two problems on the motion of a rigid spherical inclusion in an elastic medium under the action of a nonstationary, longitudinal, plane, compressional wave and a harmonic shear wave are considered. Using the method of vector eigenfunctions and the integral Laplace transform with respect to time their precise solutions are constructed. Numerical results are given which illustrate the dependence of characteristics of motion of the inclusion on parameters of the falling wave.
KeywordsShear Wave Compressional Wave Plane Wave Elastic Medium Spherical Inclusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. T. Golovchan, V. D. Kubenko, N. A. Shul'ga, et al., Space Problems of Elasticity and Plasticity Theory [in Russian], Vol. 5. Dynamics of Elastic Bodies, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Guz', V. D. Kubenko, and M. A. Cherevko, Diffraction of Elastic Waves [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.C. C. Mow and L. Mente, “Dynamical stresses and displacements near a cylindrical surface of break from a plane harmonic shear wave,” Trans. of the American Association of Engineer-Mechanics, Applied Mechanics, No. 4, 135–140 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Tau and Y.-H. Pao, “Diffraction of horizontal shear waves on a parabolic cylinder and a concentration of dynamical stresses,” ibid., No. 4, 75–83 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.A. F. Ulitko, Method of Vector Eigenfunctions in Space Problems of Elasticity Theory [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Huan and Yu. Van, “Nonstationary concentration of stresses near a spherical cavity in an elastic medium,” Trans. of the American Association of Engineer-Mechanics, Applied Mechanics, No. 4, 146–149 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.Y.-H. Pao and C. C. Mow, “Scattering of plane compressional waves by a spherical obstacle,” J. Appl. Phys.,34, No. 3, 493–499 (1963).Google Scholar