Spatial structure and stability based on random walks
- 13 Downloads
A general expression for a recursion formula which describes a random walk with coupled modes is given. In this system, the random walker is specified by the jumping probabilities P+ and P− which depend on the modes. The transition probability between the modes is expressed by a jumping probabilityR(ij) (orrij). With the aid of this recursion formula, spatial structures of the steady state of a coupled random walk are studied. By introducing a Liapunov function and entropy, it is shown that the stability condition for the present system can be expressed as the principle of the extremum entropy production.
KeywordsGeneral Expression Spectroscopy Entropy Neural Network Steady State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kawasaki, K.: Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena, Vol. 2, p. 443. Domb, C., Green, M.S. (eds.). New York: Academic Press 1973 Edwards, S.F., Anderson, P.W.: J. Phys. F5, 965 (1975) Edwards, S.F.: J. Phys. F6, 1923, 1927 (1976)Google Scholar
- 3.Glandsdorff, P., Prigogine, I.: Physica30, 356 (1964)Google Scholar
- 5.Ma, S.K.: Modern Theory of Critical Phenomena. New York: Benjamin 1976Google Scholar
- 6.Turing, A.M.: Phil. Trans. R. Soc. London B237, 37 (1952)Google Scholar
- 7.Kerner, E.H.: Bull. Math. Biophys.19, 121 (1957) Edelstein, B.B.: J. Theor. Biol.26, 227 (1970)Google Scholar
- 9.Hara, H., Watanabe, R.: Read at the meeting of Physical Society of Japan, Yamagata, 1976Google Scholar
- 10.Hara, H.: Prog. Theor. Phys.60, No. 1 (1978)Google Scholar
- 11.Hara, H.: (submitted to J. Stat. Phys.)Google Scholar
- 13.Bogoliubov, N.N., Mitropolsky, Y.A.: Asymptotic Methods in the Theory of Non-linear Oscillations (English edition, Dehli, Hindustan Pub. 1961)Google Scholar