Fast algorithms for discrete Chebyshev-Vandermonde transforms and applications
Applying orthogonal polynomials, the discrete Chebyshev-Vandermonde transform (DCVT) is introduced as a special almost orthogonal transform. An important example of DCVT is the discrete cosine transform (DCT). Using the divide-and-conquer technique and the d'Alembert functional equation, fast DCT-algorithms are described. By the help of these results we present for the first time fast, numerically stable algorithms for simultaneous polynomial approximation and for collocation method for the airfoil equation, a special Cauchytype singular integral equation.
KeywordsIntegral Equation Functional Equation Discrete Cosine Transform Orthogonal Polynomial Fast Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Balázs and T. Kilgore, On the simultaneous approximation of derivatives by Lagrange and Hermite interpolation, J. Approx. Theory 60 (1990) 231–244.Google Scholar
- D. Berthold, W. Hoppe and B. Silbermann, A fast algorithm for solving the generalized airfoil equation, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 43 (1992) 185–219.Google Scholar
- G. Freud,Orthogonale Polynome (BirkhÄuser, Basel, 1969).Google Scholar
- M.A. Golberg and J.A. Fromme, On theL 2 convergence of collocation for the generalized airfoil equation, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 71 (1979) 271–286.Google Scholar
- T. Kilgore and J. Prestin, On the order of convergence of simultaneous approximation by Lagrange-Hermite interpolation, Math. Nachr. 150 (1991) 143–150.Google Scholar
- G. Steidl, Fast radix-p discrete cosine transform, Appl. Alg. Eng. Commun. Comp. 3 (1992) 39–46.Google Scholar
- J. Szabados, On the convergence of the derivatives of polynomial projection operators, Analysis 7 (1987) 349–357.Google Scholar
- C. Van Loan,Computational Framework for the Fast Fourier Transform (SIAM, Philadelphia, 1992).Google Scholar