Tumour markers with unknown functions in gynaecological neoplasia
- 20 Downloads
Pre- and post-operative ovarian cancer patients' sera were examined for the presence or circulating immune complexes using a variety of assay procedures. In contrast to findings with breast cancer patients' sera, sera from patients with other gynaecological tumours or with preclinical disease diagnosed by cytology, no evidence was obtained to indicate that circulating immune complexes were associated with ovarian cancer.
Key wordsImmune complexes Gynaecological neoplasia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coggin J, Anderson NG (1974) Cancer differentiation, and embryonic antigens: Some central problems. Adv Cancer Res 19: 106–166Google Scholar
- Höffken K, Meredith ID, Robins RA, Baldwin RW, Davies CJ, Blamey RW (1977a) Circulating immune complexes in breast cancer patients. Br Med J 2: 218–220Google Scholar
- Höffken K, Price MR, McLaughlin PJ, Moore V, Baldwin RW (1977b) Circulating immune complexes in rats bearing chemically induced tumours. I. Sequential determination during the growth of tumours at various body sites. Int J Cancer 21: 496–504Google Scholar
- Höffken K, Price MR, Moore V, Baldwin RW (1978b) Circulating immune complexes in rats bearing chemically-induced tumours: II. Characterisation of sera from different stages of tumour growth. Int J Cancer 22: 576Google Scholar
- Nicolson GL, Poste G (1976a) The cancer cell: Dynamic aspects and modifications in cell-surface organization (Part 2). New Engl J Med 295: 253–258Google Scholar
- Nicolson GL, Poste G (1976b) The cancer cell: dynamic aspects and modifications in cell-surface organization (Part 1). New Engl J Med 295: 197–203Google Scholar
- Price MR, Baldwin RW (1977) Shedding of tumor cell surface antigens. In: Poste G, Nicolson GL (eds) Dynamic aspects of cell surface organization. Cell surface reviews, vol 3. North Holland, Amsterdam, p 423–471Google Scholar
- Price MR, Robins RA (1978) Circulating factors modifying cell-mediated immunity in experimental neoplasia. In: Castro JE (ed) Immunological aspects of cancer. MTP Press, Lancaster, p 155–181Google Scholar
- Rees RC, Price MR, Baldwin RW (1979) Expression of oncodevelopmental antigens in chemical carcinogenesis. In: Busch H (ed) Methods in cancer research, vol 15. Academic Press, New York (in press), pp 99–133Google Scholar
- Robins RA, Baldwin RW (1977) Immune markers on cancer cells. Cancer Immunol Immunotherap 2: 205–209Google Scholar
- Zubler RH, Lambert PH (1976) The125I-Clq binding test for the detection of soluble immune complexes. In: Bloom BR, Davids JR (eds) In vitro methods in cell-mediated and tumour immunity. Academic Press, New York, pp 565–572Google Scholar