Frank Parsons: His heritage leads us into the 21st century
- 36 Downloads
In conclusion these are my hopes for career development in the year 2000, and beyond:
Empowering the individual through awareness of theprocesses which lead to continuous self understanding over the career span.
Engagement of the individual in the process of acquiring knowledge of resources which can be used in a systematic continuous discovery of changing career opportunities.
Enlightened counseling by empowering individuals to find career satisfaction through work and leisure options in the context of an ever changing developmental life span.
It seems to me that is part of the Frank Parsons heritage from the past 85 years. This heritage seems well positioned to take us into the 21st century if we have the wisdom and insight necessary to utilize the best research and resources available to us now and in the future.
KeywordsSocial Psychology Life Span 21st Century Social Issue Career Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barry, R., & Wolf, B. (1962).Are epitaph for vocational guidance. NY: Teacher's College, Columbia University.Google Scholar
- Durckman, D., & Bjork, R. A. (Eds.) (1991).In the mind's eye: Enhancing human performance. Washington, D.C.: National Academy.Google Scholar
- Gardner, H. (1993).Multiple intelligences: The theory in practice. NY: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Parsons, F. (1989).Choosing a vocation. (reprint of 1909 original version). Garrett Park, MD: Garrett Park.Google Scholar
- Strauss, W., & Howe, N. (1991).Generations. NY: William Morrow.Google Scholar