Axiomatic definition of a quotient ring
- 73 Downloads
The quotient ring QΦ(R) of the ring R with respect to a strong filter Φ of right ideals of R is axiomatically defined as a maximal strong Φ-essential extension of R. The ring QΦ(R) is constructively obtained in the form of lim Homr (I, R), where I ∈ Φ.
KeywordsQuotient Ring Axiomatic Definition Strong Filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Elizarov, “Strong pretorsions and strong filters, modules and quotient rings,” Sibirsk. Matem. Zh.,14, No. 3, 549–559 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Stenström, “Rings and modules of quotients,” Lecture Notes in Math., 237 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Lambek, “Torsion theories; additive semantics and rings of quotients,” Lecture Notes in Math., 177 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.D. F. Sanderson, “A generalization of divisibility and injectivity in modules,” Canad. Math. Bull.,8, 505–513 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Utumi, “On quotient rings,” Osaka Math. J.,8, 1–18 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.V. P. Elizarov, “On the general theory of quotient rings,” Sibirsk. Matem. Zh.,11, No. 3, 526–546 (1970).Google Scholar