Frequency measurements of 3 to 11 THz laser lines of CH3OH
- 29 Downloads
We measured the frequencies of 12 far-infrared laser lines generated in a high- frequency Fabry-Perot laser cavity containing methanol, pumped by a CO2 laser. The frequencies are in the range 2.8 to 11.4 THz (105.4 to 26.2 µm). Ten of the measured frequencies are higher than 7 THz, and help to fill the laser frequency gaps in this region. Five of the measured lines are new. The 11.4 THz line has the highest frequency of an optically pumped laser ever measured with the CO2 laser heterodyne technique.
Key wordsFrequency Measurements High Frequency CH3OH Far-Infrared Laser
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.C. Zerbetto, E.C.C. Vasconcellos, "Far infrared laser lines produced by methanol and its isotopic species: a review,"Int. J. IR & MM Waves, vol. 15, pp. 889–932 (1994).Google Scholar
- G. Moruzzi, J.C. Silos Moraes, F. Strumia, "Far infrared laser lines and assignments of CH3OH: a review,"Int. J. IR & MM Waves, vol. 13, pp. 1269–1312 (1992).Google Scholar
- E.C.C. Vasconcellos, S.C. Zerbetto, J.C. Holecek, K.M. Evenson, "Short- wavelength far-infrared laser cavity yielding new lines in methanol,"Opt. Lett., Vol.20, pp. 1392–1393 (1995).Google Scholar
- Li-Hong Xu, R.M. Lees, E.C.C. Vasconcellos, S.C. Zerbetto, L.R. Zink, and K.M. Evenson, "Methanol Isotopomers and the Optically Pumped Far-Infrared Laser," Proceedings of the International Conference on Millimeter and Submillimeter Waves and Applications II, SPIE's International Symposium on Optical Science, Engineering, Instrumentation, San Diego, California, 9–14 July 1995Google Scholar
- F.R. Petersen, K.M. Evenson, D.A. Jennings, J.S. Wells, K. Goto, J.J. Jimenez, "Far infrared frequency synthesis with stabilized CO2 lasers: accurate measurements of the water vapor and methyl alcohol laser frequencies,"IEEE. J. Quantum Electron., vol. QE11, pp. 838–843 (1975).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- N.G. Douglas in "Millimeter and Submillimeter Wavelength Lasers," ed by H.K.V. Lotsch, Springer Series in Optical Sciences, Springer-Verlag, 1989.Google Scholar
- J.O. Henningsen, "Observation and assignment of torsional transitions in FIR emissions from optically pumped CH3OH,"Int. J. IR & MM Waves, vol. 4, 707–732 (1983).Google Scholar