On the occurrence of naked singularity in spherically symmetric gravitational collapse
- 75 Downloads
Generalizing earlier results of , we analyze here the spherically symmetric gravitational collapse of a matter cloud with a general form of matter for the formation of a naked singularity. It is shown that this is related basically to the choice of initial data to the Einstein field equations, and would therefore occur in generic situations from regular initial data within the general context considered here, subject to the matter satisfying the weak energy condition. The condition on initial data which leads to the formation of black hole is also characterized.
KeywordsNeural Network Black Hole Statistical Physic Complex System Initial Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Joshi, P.S., Dwivedi, I.H.: Commun. Math. Phys.146, 333 (1992); Lett. Math. Phys.27, 235 (1993); see also, P.S. Joshi, ‘Global Aspects in Gravitation and Cosmology’, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1993Google Scholar
- 6.Eardley D.M.: In Gravitation in Astrphysics. B. Carter, J.B. Hartle (eds.), New York: Plenum 1987, p. 222Google Scholar
- 7.Kramer, D. et al.: ‘Exact solutions of Einstein's field equations.’ Cambridge: (eds.) Cambridge University Press, 1980Google Scholar
- 8.Bondi, H.: Mon. Not. Astron. Soc.107, 343 (1947)Google Scholar
- 9.Misner, C.W., Sharp, D.H.: Phys. Rev.B571 136, (1964)Google Scholar
- 10.Tipler, F.J., Clarke, C.J.S., Ellis, G.F.R.: General Relativity and Gravitation. Vol2 A. Held (ed.), New York: Plenum Press, 1980, p. 97Google Scholar