Uniqueness results and algorithm for Stackelberg-Cournot-Nash equilibria
This paper uses recently developed theory of sensitivity analysis to explore the reaction of a Cournot-Nash equilibrium to a Stackelberg firm, and to analyze the effect of this reaction on the uniqueness of the Stackelberg-Cournot-Nash equilibrium. Some of the results presented are not new, but the methods used provide simpler proofs and a different perspective. More importantly, the methods used here allow the development of new conditions for a unique Stackelberg-Cournot-Nash equilibrium that extends those previously known. The methods used also provide for the development of an efficient algorithm for finding the equilibrium.
KeywordsSensitivity Analysis Efficient Algorithm Simple Proof Uniqueness Result
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T.L. Friesz, R.L. Tobin and H.-J. Cho, A sensitivity analysis based heuristic algorithm for mathematical programs with variational inequality constraints, Math. Progr. 48(1990)265–284.Google Scholar
- G.J. Habetler and M.M. Kostreva, On a direct algorithm for nonlinear complementarity problems, SIAM J. Control Optim. 16(1978)504–511.Google Scholar
- H.D. Sherali, A.L. Soyster and F.H. Murphy, Stackelberg-Nash-Cournot equilibria: Characterizations and computations, Oper. Res. 31(1983)253–276.Google Scholar
- C. Suwansirikul, T.L. Friesz and R.L. Tobin, Equilibrium decomposed optimization: A heuristic for the continuous equilibrium network design problem, Transport. Sci. 21(1987)254–263.Google Scholar
- R.L. Tobin, Sensitivity analysis for a Cournot equilibrium, Oper. Res. Lett. 9(1990).Google Scholar