The Newtonian limit of the spherically symmetric Vlasov-Einstein system
- 58 Downloads
We prove that spherically symmetric solutions of the Vlasov-Einstein system with a fixed initial value converge to the corresponding solution of the Vlasov-Poisson system if the speed of lightc is taken as a parameter and tends to infinity. The convergence is uniform on compact time intervals with convergence rate 1/c2. Thus the classical Vlasov-Poisson system appears as the Newtonian limit of the general relativistic Vlasov-Einstein system in a spherically symmetric setting.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Convergence Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Asano, K., Ukai, S.: On the Vlasov-Poisson limit of the Vlasov-Maxwell equations. Stud. Math. Appl.18, 369–383 (1986)Google Scholar
- 2.Batt, J., Rein, G.: Global classical solutions of the periodic Vlasov-Poisson system in three dimensions. C. R. Acad. Sc. Paris.313, 411–416 (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Degond, P.: Local existence of solutions of the Vlasov-Maxwell equations and convergence to the Vlasov-Poisson equations for infinite light velocity. Math. Meth. Appl. Sci.8, 533–558 (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.Ehlers, J.: The Newtonian limit of general relativity. In: Ferrarese, G. (ed.) Classical mechanics and relativity: Relationship and consistency. Naples: Bibliopolis 1991Google Scholar
- 5.Horst, E.: On the asymptotic growth of the solutions of the Vlasov-Poisson system. Preprint 1991Google Scholar
- 9.Rein, G., Rendall, A.: Global existence of solutions of the spherically symmetric Vlasov-Einstein system with small initial data. Commun. Math. Phys.150, 561–583 (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Schaeffer, J.: Global existence of smooth solutions to the Vlasov-Poisson system in three dimensions. Commun. Part. Diff. Eqns.16, 1313–1335 (1991)Google Scholar