On the topology of black holes
- 83 Downloads
We establish from local hypotheses some results concerning the final state topology of black holes. We show that the surface of a black hole must have 2-sphere topology and that the topology of space in its vicinity is simple.
KeywordsNeural Network Black Hole Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BM] Bunting, G.L., Masood-ul-Alam, A.K.M.: Nonexistence of multiple black holes in asymptotically euclidean static vacuum space-times Gen. Rel. Grav. J.19, 147–154 (1987)Google Scholar
- [FG] Frankel, T., Galloway, G.J.: Stable minimal surfaces and spatial topology in general relativity. Math. Zeit.181, 396–406 (1982)Google Scholar
- [E] Eschenburg, J.-H.: Maximum principle for hypersurfaces. Manuscripta Math.64, 55–75 (1989)Google Scholar
- [G] Gannon, D.: Singularities in nonsimply connected space-times. J. Math. Phys.16, 2364–2367 (1975)Google Scholar
- [HE] Hawking, S.W., Ellis, G.F.R.: The large scale structure of space-time. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1973Google Scholar
- [L] Lee, C.W.: A restriction on the topology of Cauchy surfaces in general relativity. Commun. Math. Phys.51, 157–162 (1976)Google Scholar
- [M-A] Masood-ul-Alam, A.K.M.: The topology of asymptotically euclidean static perfect fluid space-time. Commun. Math. Phys.108, 193–211 (1987)Google Scholar
- [MSY] Meeks, W., Simon, L., Yau, S.-T.: Embedded minimal surfaces, exotic spheres, and manifolds with positive Ricci curvature. Ann. Math.116, 621–659 (1982)Google Scholar
- [MTY] Morris, M.S., Thorne, K.S., Yurtsever, U.: Wormholes, time machines, and the weak energy condition. Phys. Rev. Lett.61, 1446–1449 (1988)Google Scholar