A nonintegrable model in general relativity
- 53 Downloads
The geodesic flow of a perturbation of the Schwarzschild metric is shown to possess a chaotic invariant set. The perturbed meric is a relativistic analogue of Hill's problem in classical celestial mechanics in that is models the effects of a distant third body.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic General Relativity Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Hill] Hill, G.W.: Researches in the lunar theory. Am. J. Math.1, 5–26, 129–147, 245–260 (1878)Google Scholar
- [MTW] Minser, C., Thorn, K., Wheeler, J.: Gravitation. New York: W. H. Freeman 1973Google Scholar
- [O'Neill] O'Neill, B.: Semi-Riemannian geometry. New York: Academic Press 1983Google Scholar
- [Rob] Robinson, C.: Horseschoes for autonomous Hamiltonian systems using the Melnikov integral. Ergodic Theory Dyn. Syst.8, 395–409 (1988)Google Scholar
- [Sch] Schutz, B.: A first course in general relativity. Cambridge: Camb. Univ. Press 1984Google Scholar