The cauchy problem for non-linear Klein-Gordon equations
- 101 Downloads
We consider in ℝn+1,n≧2, the non-linear Klein-Gordon equation. We prove for such an equation that there is a neighbourhood of zero in a Hilbert space of initial conditions for which the Cauchy problem has global solutions and on which there is asymptotic completeness. The inverse of the wave operator linearizes the non-linear equation. If, moreover, the equation is manifestly Poincaré covariant then the non-linear representation of the Poincaré Lie algebra, associated with the non-linear Klein-Gordon equation is integrated to a non-linear representation of the Poincaré group on an invariant neighbourhood of zero in the Hilbert space. This representation is linearized by the inverse of the wave operator. The Hilbert space is, in both cases, the closure of the space of the differentiable vectors for the linear representation of the Poincaré group, associated with the Klein-Gordon equation, with respect to a norm defined by the representation of the enveloping algebra.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Hilbert Space Complex System Cauchy Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Flato, M., Pinczon, G., Simon, J.C.H.: Non-linear representations of Lie groups. Ann. Sci. Ec. Norm. Super.10, 405–418 (1977)Google Scholar
- 2.Hörmander, L.: Remarks on the Klein-Gordon equation. Journée Equations aux dérivées partielles. Saint-Jean de Monts 1987, Soc. Math. France (1987)Google Scholar
- 3.Hörmander, L.: The analysis of linear partial differential operators, Vol. III. Berlin Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1985Google Scholar
- 4.Klainerman, S.: Global existence of small amplitude solutions to nonlinear Klein-Gordon equations in four space-time dimensions. Commun. Pure Appl. Math.38, 631–641 (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.Shatah, J.: Normal forms and quadratic non-linear Klein-Gordon equations. Commun. Pure Appl. Math.38, 685–696 (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.Warner, G.: Harmonic analysis on semi-simple Lie groups I, Vol. 188. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1972Google Scholar