On the nonlinear distortion of subcarrier multiplexed systems owing to stimulated Brillouin scattering
- 14 Downloads
Analytical expressions are obtained for predicting the harmonic and intermodulation performance of subcarrier multiplexed systems owing to stimulated Brilloun scattering. These expressions are in terms of the ordinary Bessel functions with arguments depenedent on the modulation index.
KeywordsBessel Function Modulation Index Nonlinear Distortion Stimulate Brillouin Scattering Intermodulation Performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.A. Leilabady, S.W. Vendetta, S.G. Grubb, G. Tremblay and G. Maurer, Suppression of SBS in CATV distribution architectures employing long links, European Conference on Optical Communication, 27th-1st September–October 1992., (Berlin), paper Th-PD I.9Google Scholar
- H. Yoshinaga, M. Kagami, K. Kikushima and K. Suto, Nonlinear distortion due to stimulated Brillouin scattering and its suppression in SCM video transmission systems, Optical Fiber Communication Conference, 21st-26th February 1993, San Jose, California, paper FC8Google Scholar
- H. Yoshinaga, Influence of stimulated Brillouin scattering on nonlinear distortion in SCM video transmission, Electronics Letters, Vol.29, 1993, pp.1707–1708Google Scholar
- R.L. Burden, J.D. Faires and A.C. Reynolds, Numerical Analysis, Boston; Prindle, Weber and Schmidt, 1981Google Scholar
- E. Kreyszig, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Wiley, New York, 1979Google Scholar
- M. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, National Bureau of Standards, Washington D.C., 1964Google Scholar
- N.M. Blachman and S.H. Mousavinezahd, Trigonometric approximations for Bessel functions, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.AES-22, 1986, pp.2–7Google Scholar
- R.A. Waldron, Formulas for computation of approximate values of some Bessel functions, Proceedings IEEE, Vol.69, 12981, pp.1586–1588Google Scholar