Te-waves guided by arbitrary nonlinear dielectrics bounded by linear media
Considerable interest is currently being devoted to nonlinear propagation in dielectric slab waveguides for integrated optics and millimetric applications. Much of the current work is based on Kerr-like (∈ ∼E2) nonlinear media and numerically discussed. We present a exact solution of TE-waves for arbitrary nonlinear dielectric (∈ ∼ |E| δ ). We applicate this solution to the planar nonlinear optic waveguides and the dispersion relations are given. The results show that the propagation constants are a function of the field magnitude.
KeywordsExact Solution Dispersion Relation Current Work Propagation Constant Optic Waveguide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Gatz and J. Herrmann: “Soliton Propagation in Material with Saturable Nonlinearity”, J. Opt. Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.11, pp.2296–2302, 1991Google Scholar
- P.M. Goojian and A. Taflove: “Direct Time Integration of Maxwell's Equations in Nonlinear Dispersive Media for Propagation and Scattering of Femtosecond Electromagnetic Soliton”, Optics Letter(USA), Vol.17, no.3, pp.180–182, 1992Google Scholar
- T. Rozzi, F. Chiaraluce and L. Zappelli: “Phase — Plane Approach to Nonlinear Propagation in Dielectric Slab Waveguide”, IEEE MTT-40, no.1, pp.102–111, 1992Google Scholar
- Y. Chen: “Nonlinear fibers with Arbitrary Nonlinearity”, J. Opt. Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.11, pp.2338–2341, 1991Google Scholar
- N. Saiga: “Calculation of TE Modes in Graded-Index Nonlinear Optical Waveguides with Arbitrary Profile of Refractive Index”, J. Opt.Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.1, pp.88–94, 1991Google Scholar
- T-T. Shi and S. Chi: “Beam Propagation Method Analysis of Trasnsverse-Electric Waves Propagating in a Nonlinear Tapered Planar Waveguide”, J. Opt.Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.11, pp.2318–2325, 1991Google Scholar
- S. Okafuji and Y. Nakai: “Nonlinear TE Waves in Asymmetric Dielectric Hollow Waveguides with a Self-Focusing Kerr-Like Nonlinear Film”, IEE Proc.-J, Vol.138, no.3, June 1991, pp.204–209Google Scholar
- W. Chen and A.A. Maradudin: “S-Polarized Guided and Surface Electromagnetic Waves Supported by a Nonlinear Film”, J. Opt. Soc. Am.B, Vol.5, no.2, pp.529–538, 1988Google Scholar