Te-waves guided by arbitrary nonlinear dielectrics bounded by linear media
- 39 Downloads
Considerable interest is currently being devoted to nonlinear propagation in dielectric slab waveguides for integrated optics and millimetric applications. Much of the current work is based on Kerr-like (∈ ∼E2) nonlinear media and numerically discussed. We present a exact solution of TE-waves for arbitrary nonlinear dielectric (∈ ∼ |E| δ ). We applicate this solution to the planar nonlinear optic waveguides and the dispersion relations are given. The results show that the propagation constants are a function of the field magnitude.
KeywordsExact Solution Dispersion Relation Current Work Propagation Constant Optic Waveguide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Gatz and J. Herrmann: “Soliton Propagation in Material with Saturable Nonlinearity”, J. Opt. Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.11, pp.2296–2302, 1991Google Scholar
- P.M. Goojian and A. Taflove: “Direct Time Integration of Maxwell's Equations in Nonlinear Dispersive Media for Propagation and Scattering of Femtosecond Electromagnetic Soliton”, Optics Letter(USA), Vol.17, no.3, pp.180–182, 1992Google Scholar
- T. Rozzi, F. Chiaraluce and L. Zappelli: “Phase — Plane Approach to Nonlinear Propagation in Dielectric Slab Waveguide”, IEEE MTT-40, no.1, pp.102–111, 1992Google Scholar
- Y. Chen: “Nonlinear fibers with Arbitrary Nonlinearity”, J. Opt. Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.11, pp.2338–2341, 1991Google Scholar
- N. Saiga: “Calculation of TE Modes in Graded-Index Nonlinear Optical Waveguides with Arbitrary Profile of Refractive Index”, J. Opt.Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.1, pp.88–94, 1991Google Scholar
- T-T. Shi and S. Chi: “Beam Propagation Method Analysis of Trasnsverse-Electric Waves Propagating in a Nonlinear Tapered Planar Waveguide”, J. Opt.Soc. Am.B, Vol.8, no.11, pp.2318–2325, 1991Google Scholar
- S. Okafuji and Y. Nakai: “Nonlinear TE Waves in Asymmetric Dielectric Hollow Waveguides with a Self-Focusing Kerr-Like Nonlinear Film”, IEE Proc.-J, Vol.138, no.3, June 1991, pp.204–209Google Scholar
- W. Chen and A.A. Maradudin: “S-Polarized Guided and Surface Electromagnetic Waves Supported by a Nonlinear Film”, J. Opt. Soc. Am.B, Vol.5, no.2, pp.529–538, 1988Google Scholar