35 GHz dielectric resonator stabilised gunn oscillator
- 37 Downloads
A 35 GHz dielectric resonator oscillator(DRO) using GaAs Gunn diode in microstrip configuration has been designed and developed. The oscillator, with an integral waveguide-to-microstrip transition, delivered an output greater than 18 dBm. Phase noise of the oscillator is found to be better than −80 dBc/Hz at 100 KHz away from the carrier. A frequency drift of about ±25 MHz has been observed over the temperature range from −10 °C to 50 °C.
KeywordsGaAs Phase Noise Dielectric Resonator Frequency Drift Resonator Oscillator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mert Purnell "The Dielectric Resonator Oscillator — A New Class of Microwave Signal Source" Microwave Jnl., Vol.24, November 1981, pp. 103–108.Google Scholar
- 2.T Makino and A Hashima "A Highly Stabilized MIC Gunn Oscillator Using a Dielectric Resonator", IEEE Trans. MTT-27, No.7, July 1979, pp. 633–638.Google Scholar
- 3.R S Tahim, A Grote and K Chung "Miniature Mm-Wave LO/Mixer Modules Based on Suspended Stripline and Microstrip" MSN & CT, Vol.16, November 1986, pp. 140–144.Google Scholar
- 4.G.S.Dow, D.Serisiper, J.M.Schellenberg "Highly Stable 35 GHz GaAs FET Oscillator", IEEE MTT-S Digest 1986, pp. 589–591.Google Scholar
- 5.A.P.S. Khanna and E. Topacio "A Highly Stable 36 GHz GaAs FET DRO with Phase Lock Capability", Microwave Jnl., Vol.32, July 1989, pp. 117–122.Google Scholar
- 6.R E Collin "Theory and Design of Wide-Band Multisection Quarter-Wave Transformers", Proc. of the IRE, Vol.43, Feb. 1955, pp. 179–185.Google Scholar
- 7.G Matthaei, L Young and E Jones "Microwave Filters, Impedance Matching Networks and Coupling Structures", New York:McGraw-Hill, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.D Kajfez and B S Vidula "Design Equations for Symmetric Microstrip DC Blocks", IEEE Trans. on MTT, MTT-28, No.9 Sept. 1980, pp. 974–981.Google Scholar
- 9.T Q Ho and Y C Shih "Broadband Millimeter-Wave Edge-Coupled Microstrip DC Blocks", MSN & CT, April 1987, pp. 74–78.Google Scholar
- 10.D Kajfez and P Guillon "Dielectric Resonators", Artech House Inc., 1986.Google Scholar
- 11.Ch.Durga Prasad, Girja Shankar and K.D. Nayak "Waveguide-to-Microstrip Transition Using Ridge Waveguide At Ka-Band", Proc. National Symp. on Advances in Microwaves, Univ. of Delhi, New Delhi, March 1993, pp. 183–188.Google Scholar