Conformally invariant gravitational waves in a modified gravitational theory
- 36 Downloads
An attempt is made to obtain a conformally invariant gravitational wave equation in an isotropic background universe by modifying the Einstein field equation through a correction term proposed in the Hilbert Lagrangian in the form of a series of finite terms inR (≡g ik R ik ). It is shown that only those waves which are described by Bessel functionJ0(mη) in curved background can be transformed as classically periodic waves in flat background [without restricting the scale factora(η)].
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Wave Equation Field Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Breizman, B. N., Gurovich, V. Ts., and Sokolov, V. P. (1971).Soviet Physics JETP,32 155.Google Scholar
- Fulton, T., Rohrlich, F., and Witten, L. (1962).Reviews of Modern Physics,34, 442.Google Scholar
- Grishchuk, L. P. (1975).Soviet Physics, JETP,40, 409.Google Scholar
- Grishchuk, L. P. (1977).Soviet Physics, Uspekhi,20, 319.Google Scholar
- Lifshitz, E. M. (1946).Zhurnal Experimental'noi i Teoreticheskoi Fiziki,16, 587.Google Scholar
- Nariai, H. (1973).Progress of Theoretical Physics,49, 165.Google Scholar
- Parker, L. (1969).Physical Review,183, 1057.Google Scholar
- Pandey, S. N. (1978). International Centre For Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Report No. IC/78/141.Google Scholar
- Sokolov, A. A. (1976).Problem of Theoretical Physics. Moscow State University. Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Weyl, H. (1922).Space, Time, Matter. Translated by H. L. Brose, Methuen (London).Google Scholar
- Zel'dovich, Ya. B., and Novikov, I. D. (1975).Structure and Evolution of the Universe, Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar