Effective potential for scalar QED in (2+1) dimensions
- 70 Downloads
We calculate the renormalized one loop approximation to the effective potential for scalar electrodynamics in (2+1) dimensions. We study its gauge dependence and show that it satisfies the renormalization group equation since it is independent on any renormalization scale. This relies on the fact that we do not need to improve the effective potential in (2+1) dimensions.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Renormalization Group Effective Potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bando, M., Kugo, T., Maekawa, N., and Nakano, H. (1992). Improving the effective potential, Kyoto Preprint RUNS 1161.Google Scholar
- Coleman, S., and Wienberg, E. (1973).Physical Review D,7, 1888.Google Scholar
- Dese, S., Jackiw, R., and Templeton, S. (1982).Physical Review Letters,48, 975.Google Scholar
- Gross, D., Pisaraski, R., and Yaffe, Y. (1981).Review of Modern Physics,53, 43.Google Scholar
- Kastening, B. (1992).Physics Letters B,283, 287.Google Scholar
- Mckeon, G. (1984).Physical Review D,29, 696.Google Scholar