Millimeter wave propagation through a chiral medium model of human trunk
That millimeter wave propagation through a chiral medium of human trunk has been discussed by obtaining the electromagnetic filed, absorbent power, specific absorption rate, temperature field and their distribution in a human trunk model with plane strati calate homogeneous tissues under a normal incidence plane wave. The chiral medium is described electromagnetically by the constitutive relationsD=εE+εβB andB=μH+μβE. The constantsε, μ andβ ate real and have values that are fixed by the size, the shape, and the spatial distribution of the elements that collectively compose the medium. Also, the principle of thermal therapeutics for millimeter wave is discussed preliminaryly.
Key wordsMillimeter wave chiral medium biology effect thermal therapeutics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. Kong (1986),Theory of Electromagnetic Waves, Wiley-Inter-Science, New York.Google Scholar
- 2.J. C. Monzon (1990), “Radiation and scattering in homogeneous general biisotropic regions”, IEEE Tranc. Antennas Propag.38, 227–336.Google Scholar
- 3.M. P. Silverman (1986),“Reflection and refraction at the surface of a chiral medium:comparison of gyrotropic constitutive relations invariant or noninvariant under a duality transformation”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A3, 830–837.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Lakhtakia, V. V. Varadan, and V. K. Varadan (1986), “A parametric study of microwave reflection characteristics of planar achiral-chiral interface”, IEEE Trans Electromgn Compat. 28, 90–95.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Bassiri, C. H. Papas, and N. Enghata (1988), “Electromagnetic wave propagation through a dielectric — chiral interface and through a chiral slab”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A5, 1450–1459.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Lakhtakia, V.V. Varadan, and V.K. Varadan (1988), “Field equation, Huygens's principle, integral equations, and theorems for radiation and scattering of electromagnetic wavea in isotropic chiral media”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A5, 175–184.Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Varadan, A. Lakhtakia, and V. K. Varadan (1987), “On the equivalence of sources and duality of fields in Isotropic chiral media”, J. Phys. A20, 6269–6264.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Lakhtakia, V. K. Varadan, and V. V. Varadan (1988),Time-Harimonic Electromagnetic Fields in Chiral Medium, Springer-Verlay, Berlin.Google Scholar
- 10.Li Jixi, Niou Zhongqi (1990),Theory of biological electromagnetics, Xidian University.Google Scholar