Simple method for investigating electromagnetic properties of high-Tc superconductors at two-millimeter wavelengths
A method for investigating the electromagnetic properties of high-Tc superconductors (HTS) in a 2-mm wavelength band has been proposed. The method is based on the use of a cylindrical tube open dielectric resonator (ODR) loaded with a HTS sample. The Josephson harmonic generation at microwave frequencies can be investigated by means of the method. A small cross section of the ODR makes it possible to investigate surface variations of HTS sample electromagnetic properties and their temperature dependencies.
KeywordsHigh-Tc superconductors Open dielectric resonator Millimeter waves Josephson harmonic generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Delagen J.R., Bohn C.L., Roche C.T. “Measurements of the surface resistance of high- Tc superconductors at high RF fields”, J. of Superconductivity, Vol.3, No 3, pp. 243–250 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.Oates D.E., Anderson A.C., Mankiewich P.M., “Measurements of the surface resistance of YBa2Cu3O7−x thin films using stripline resonators”, J. of Superconductivity, Vol.3, No 3, pp.251–259 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.Drabeck L. et al., “An experimental investigation of YBa2Cu3O7 films at millimeter wave frequencies”, J.of Superconductivity, Vol.3, No 3, pp.251–259 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.Masterov V., Prichodko A., Selmistraitis G., Chursinov A. “Investigation of Josephson effect in weakly-coupled high-temperature superconductors using MW scanner”, Pis'ma ZhTF, vol.18, No 11, pp.31–34 (1992) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.Jeffries C. et al., “Symmetry breaking and nonlinear electrodynamics in ceramic superconductor YBa2Cu3O7, Phys.Rev.B., vol.37, No 16, pp. 9840–9843 (1988).Google Scholar