Value of sodium-hippuran I131 clearance for the diagnosis of acute rejection in experimental renal allotransplantation
- 28 Downloads
Authors performed renal allotransplantations on dogs, with and without immunosuppressive treatment. They also reproduced experimentally some ischaemic complications which may occur in the transplanted kidney (vascular thrombosis, ureteral obstruction, acute tubular necrosis). In all cases, the effective renal plasma flow was serially determined, using the method of hippuran I131. The diminutions registered by the E.R.P.F. are not characteristic for any of the ischaemia-inducing complications. The method may be used for the early diagnosis of acute rejection and to study the function of the transplanted kidney provided certain complications causing impairment of renal irrigation can be eliminated.
KeywordsPublic Health Early Diagnosis Acute Rejection Plasma Flow Immunosuppressive Treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bálint, P.: Aktuelle Probleme der Nierenphysiologie. Berlin, 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.Blaufox, M. D., Merrill, J. P.: Evaluation of renal transplant function by iodohippurate sodium I131.J. A. Med. Ass. 202, 123 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Burghele, Th., Proca, E., Pop, T., Angelescu, N., Neagoe, M., Georgescu, P., Nicolescu, D., Ciofu, S.: Fluxul plasmatic efectiv renal cu radiohipuran I131 in urmârirea alogrefelor renale experimentale.Chirurgia (Buc.) 18, 1127 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.Gömöri, P., Juhász, I., Takácsi, N.: Data to the pathomechanism of the shock kidney.Acta Med. Acad. Sci. Hung. 20, 57 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.Gyrd Hansen, N., Lund, F., Hansen, R. J. et al. Renal clearance in unilaterally nephrectomized pigs and in pigs with an autotransplanted kidney.Med. Scand. 186, 383 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.Oester, A., Madsen, P. O.: Determination of renal plasma flow and tubular mass by means of radioisotopes.Invest. Urol. 63, 322 1968.Google Scholar