Axially symmetric solutions in general scalar-tensor theory
- 36 Downloads
We generalise Ernst's derivation of the axially symmetric solutions of Einstein's field equations to the general scalar-tensor theory proposed by Nordtvedt. The solution of the Nordtvedt theory differs by a conformai transformation from the Brans-Dicke solution. The Kerr-like solution of the Nordtvedt theory is obtained as an example.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Field Equation Symmetric Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brans, C., and Dicke, R. (1961).Physical Review,124, 925.Google Scholar
- Chatterjee, S., and Banerjee, S. (1980).Acta Physica Polonica,B11, (493).Google Scholar
- Dicke, R. (1962).Physical Review,125, 2163.Google Scholar
- Ernst, F. (1968).Physical Review,167, 1175.Google Scholar
- Kerr, R. (1963),Physical Review Leiters,11, 237.Google Scholar
- Nordtvedt, K. (1970).Astrophysics Journal,161, 1059.Google Scholar