Experimental investigation of Richtmayer-Meshkov instability development on a contact discontinuity with three-dimensional disturbances
- 21 Downloads
The results of an experimental investigation of Richtmayer-Meshkov instability on a contact discontinuity with three-dimensional disturbances are presented and compared with previously obtained results for contact discontinuities with two-dimensional disturbances.
KeywordsFluid Dynamics Experimental Investigation Contact Discontinuity Instability Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Rozanov, “Hydrodynamic instabilities and mixing in the laser drive targets,” in:Reports at the LLNN. LLE RU NPL Seminars (USA, June 1991). 21st ECLIM (Poland), Warsaw (1991), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 2.V. B. Rozanov and N. V. Zmitrienko,Increments of Kelvin-Helmholtz Instability in Problems of Laser Thermonuclear Synthesis [in Russian], Preprint No. 16, Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Zaytsev, A. Aleshin, E. Lazareva,et al., “Experimental investigation of Rayleigh-Taylor and Richtmayer-Meshkov instabilities,” in:3rd Intern. Workshop Phys. Compress. Turbulent Mixing, Royaumont, France (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Aleshin, E. V. Lazareva, S. G. Zaitsev,et al., “Investigation of the linear, nonlinear and transient stages of Richtmayer-Meshkov instability,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,310, 1105 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Aleshin, V. V. Demchenko, S. G. Zaitsev, and E. V. Lazareva, “Interaction of a shock front with a wavy contact discontinuity,”Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 5, 168 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. A. Kucherenko, L. I. Shibarshov, V. I. Chitaikin,et al., “Experimental study of the gravitational turbulent mixing self-similar mode,” Royaumont (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.V. E. Neuvazhaev, “Relation between turbulent and kinetic energies in mixed matter,”Zh. Prikl. Mat. Tekhn. Fiz., No. 1, 38 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.D. L. Youngs, “Modelling turbulent mixing by Rayleigh-Taylor instability,”Physica. D,37, 270 (1989).Google Scholar