True congenital aneurysm of the septum primum not associated with obstructive right- or left-sided lesions: Identified by two-dimensional echocardiography and angiography in a newborn
- 28 Downloads
Aneurysms of the interatrial septum are unusual anomalies that have been demonstrated by (M-mode and 2-dimensional) echocardiography in patients with complex congenital heart defects. They have also been found at autopsy in adults without heart defects. Complications have resulted from these aneurysms in adults. A true aneurysm of the septum primum was an incidental finding identified by 2-dimensional echocardiography and angiography in a newborn with an atrial septal defect.
Key wordsAtrial septal aneurysm Atrial septal defect Congenital heart defects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Cannavan MM (1940) Two hearts with anomalies in the interauricular septum.J Tech Methods 20:68–73Google Scholar
- 7.Elliott LP, Bargeron LM, Bream PR, Soto B, Curry GC (1977) Axial cineangiography in congenital heart disease. Section II, Specific lesions.Circulation 56:1084–1093Google Scholar
- 8.Freedom R, Rowe R (1976) Aneurysm of the atrial septum in tricuspid atresia: Diagnosis during life and therapy.Am J Cardiol 32:265–267Google Scholar
- 10.Grosgogeat Y, Lhermitte F, Carpentier A, Facquet J, Alhomme P, Tran TX (1963) Aneurysm of the interauricular septum revealed by a cerebral embolism.Arch Mal Coeur 66:169–177Google Scholar
- 12.Lang JF, Passelt A (1934) Aneurysmatische vorwolbung der fossa ovalis in den linken vorhof.Wien Med Wochenschr 84:392–396Google Scholar
- 13.Lev M:Autopsy diagnosis of congenitally malformed hearts. Springfield, Charles C. Thomas, 1953, pp 22–23Google Scholar