Effect of thermal ageing in oxidizing or reducing atmosphere on the texture and structure of palladium, copper and palladium-copper on alumina catalysts
- 29 Downloads
A series of palladium, copper and palladium-copper supported on alumina catalysts were aged at high temperature (100°C) in oxidizing (oxygen) or reducing (hydrogen) atmosphere. The effect of this treatment on the texture and structure of these samples was studied. Oxidizing atmosphere gives large particles of palladium oxide, whgereas reducing atmosphere gives large particles of copper or of palladium-copper on alumina catalysts when agend in reducing conditions while the hydrogenating activity is drastically decreased.
KeywordsOxide Oxygen Hydrogen Copper Alumina
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.L. Trimm:Appl. Catal.,7, 249 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.T.R. Baldwin, R. Burch:Appl. Catal.,66, 337 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.P. Briot, M. Primet:Appl. Catal.,68, 301 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Garbowski, C. Feumi-Jantou, N. Mouaddib, M. Primet:Appl. Catal. A,109, 277 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.M.C. Marion, E.G. Garbowski, M. Primet:J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans.,86, 3027 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.M.C. Marion, E.G. Garbowski, M. Primet:J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans.,87, 1795 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.F. Skoda, M.P. Astier, G.M. Pajonk, M. Primet:Catal. Lett., accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 8.M.V. Rahaman, M.A. Vannice:J. Catal.,127, 251 (1991).Google Scholar