Endomyocardial biopsy study of cardiomyopathy in Poland
- 18 Downloads
The results of endomyocardial biopsy (EMB) are presented in 174 patients. Techniques and apparatus are described. EMB is safe and useful for diagnosing inflammatory myocarditis and as a guide to therapy. Unsuspected lymphocytic myocarditis was found in 17% of patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. The results confirm that the EMB findings in dilated cardiomyopathy are nonspecific and that restrictive cardiomyopathy is not confined to hypereosinophilic states and amyloid heart disease.
KeywordsPublic Health Heart Disease Cardiomyopathy Interventional Radiology Myocarditis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rużyłło W, Rosnowski A (1976) Percutaneous myocardial biopsy in primary cardiomyopathy (in Polish). Kardiol Pol 19: 423–428Google Scholar
- 2.Rużyłło W (1976) Myocardial biopsy (in Polish). Kardiol Pol 19: 351–359Google Scholar
- 3.Brooksby IAB, Jenkins BS, Coltart DJ, Webb-Peploe MM, Davies MJ (1974) Left ventricular endomyocardial biopsy. Lancet II: 1222Google Scholar
- 4.Konno S, Sekiguchi M, Sakakibara S (1971) Catheter biopsy of the heart. Radiol Clin North Am 9: 491Google Scholar
- 5.Mason JW (1978) Techniques for right and left ventricular endomyocardial biopsy. Am J Cardiol 41: 887Google Scholar
- 6.Kawai C, Kitaura Y (1977) New endomyocardial biopsy catheter for the left ventricle. Am J Cardiol. 40: 63Google Scholar
- 7.Somers K, Hutt MSR, Patel AK, D'Arbela PG (1971) Endomyocardial biopsy in diagnosis of cardiomyopathies. Br Heart J 33: 882Google Scholar
- 8.Richardson PJ (1974) King's endomyocardial bioptome. Lancet I: 660Google Scholar
- 9.Lurie PR, Fujita M, Neustein B (1978) Transvascular endomyocardial biopsy in infants and small children: Description of a new technique. Am J Cardiol 42: 453Google Scholar
- 10.Caves PK, Stinson EB, Billingham ME, Shumway NE (1974) Serial transvenous biopsy of the transplanted human heart: Improved management of acute rejection episodes. Lancet I: 821Google Scholar
- 11.World Health Organization (1984) Cardiomyopathies. Report of a WHO Expert Committee Technical Report Series 697. WHO, GenevaGoogle Scholar