Renormalization group approach and short-distance expansion in theory of developed turbulence: Asymptotics of the triplex equal-time correlation function
- 33 Downloads
Asymptotics of the triplex equal-time correlation function for the turbulence developed in incompressible fluids in the region of widely separated wave vector values is investigated using the renormalization group approach and short-distance expansion. The problem of the most essential composite operators contributing to these asymptotics is examined. For this purpose, the critical dimensions of a family of composite quadratic tensor operators in the velocity gradient are found. Considered in the one-loop approximation, the contribution of these operators turns out to be less substantial (although not significantly) than the contribution of the linear term. The derived asymptotics of the triplex correlator coincide in form with that predicted by the EDQNM approximation.
KeywordsCorrelation Function Wave Vector Renormalization Group Velocity Gradient Linear Term
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. De Dominicis and P. C. Martin,Phys. Rev.,A29, 419–422 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Ts. Adzhemyan, A. N. Vasiliev, and Yu. M. Pismak,Teor. Mat. Fiz.,57, 268–281 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Ts. Adzhemyan, A. N. Vasiliev, and M. Gnatich,Teor. Mat. Fiz.,74, 180–191 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Ts. Adzhemyan, N. V. Antonov, and T. L. Kim,Teor. Mat. Fiz.,100, 382–401 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Zinn-Justen,Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena, Clarendon, Oxford (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Ts. Adzhemyan, N. V. Antonov, and A. N. Vasiliev,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,95, 1272–1288 (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Belinicher and V. S. L'vov,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,93, 533–551 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.V. L'vov and G. Falkovich,Phys. Rev. 1992,46, 4762–4772.Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Orszag, “Lectures on the statistical theory of turbulence,” in:Fluid Dynamics (R. Balian, ed.), Les Houches (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.L. Ts. Adzhemyan and M. Yu. Nalimov,Teor. Mat. Fiz.,91, 294–308 (1992).Google Scholar