Muon spin relaxation measurements in kagomé lattice system SrCr8Ga4O19
- 39 Downloads
Dynamical spin fluctuations in SrCr8−xGa4+xO19 a frustrated spin system on a kagomé lattice, is examined by the longitudinal field muon spin relaxation technique. This system shows a spin-glass (SG)-like cusp in the susceptibility atTg=3.5(2) K. The slowing down of Cr spin fluctuations is found to occur over a very wide temperature rangeTg<T<30Tg. AsT/Tg → 0 these fluctuations remain without static polarization (order parameter). Such strong fluctuations belowTg have not been observed before in a conventional SG system.
KeywordsStatic Polarization Spin System Lattice System Relaxation Technique Dynamical Spin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. P. Ramirez, G. P. Espinosa and A. S. Cooper, Phys. Rev. Lett64, 2070 (1990).Google Scholar
- C. Broholm, G. Aeppli, G. P. Espinosa and A. S. Cooper, Phys. Rev. Lett.65, 3173 (1990).Google Scholar
- J. T. Chalker, P. C. W. Holdsworth and E. F. Shender PRL68(6) 1992; S. Sachdev, Phys. RevB 45, 12377 (1992); D. Huse, A. D. Rutenberg, Phys. Rev.B 45, 7536 (1992).Google Scholar
- A. B. Harris, C. Kallin and J. Berlinsky, Phys. Rev. B45, 2899 (1992), and references theirin.Google Scholar
- Y. J. Uemura, T. Yamazaki, D. R. Harshman, M. Senba and E. J. Ansaldo, Phys. Rev B31, 546 (1985).Google Scholar
- B. Martinezet al., Phys. Rev. B46, 10786 (1992).Google Scholar
- D. S. Fisher, J. Appl. Phys.61 (8), 3672 (1987).Google Scholar
- C. Dekker, A. F. M. Arts, H. W. de Wijn, A. J. van Duyneveldt and J. A. Mydosh, Phys. Rev. Lett.61, 1780 (1988).Google Scholar