Antimony-121 Mössbauer spectra of organoantimony derivatives containing Sb-Sb bonds
- 40 Downloads
121-Sb Mössbauer data are reported for a number of organoantimony rings and catena-stibanes. These compounds are representative of RSb(Sb)2 and R2SbSb type of coordination, and spectral parameters are compared and discussed in relation to RSbCl2 and R2SbCl systems. Although the trend in isomer shift is similar, the present compounds show slightly less negative isomer shift values together with a remarkable reduction of the quadrupolar coupling constant. A rationalization of the quadrupolar interaction in the above series of compounds appears feasible by using point charge model calculations whose results, in terms of bonding, indicate a large contribution of p-electron density along Sb-Sb bonds.
KeywordsThin Film Model Calculation Large Contribution Spectral Parameter Isomer Shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Ates, H.J. Breunig, S. Güleç, W. Offermann, K. Häberle and M. Dräger, Chem. Ber. 122(1989)473.Google Scholar
- H.J. Breunig, S. Güleç and R. Kaller, Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon 64(1992)107.Google Scholar
- H.J. Breunig, Z. Naturforsch. (b) 33(1978)242.Google Scholar
- H.J. Breunig, K. Häberle, M. Dräger and T. Severengir, Angew. Chem. 97(1985)62.Google Scholar
- G.K. Shenoy and B.D. Dunlap, Nucl. Instr. Meth. 71(1969)285.Google Scholar
- G. Alonzo, N. Bertazzi and F. Huber, Can. J. Spectrosc. 30(1985)21.Google Scholar
- J.G. Stevens, J.M. Trooster, H.F. Martens and H.A. Meinema, Inorg. Chim. Acta 115(1986)197.Google Scholar
- T.F. Berlitz, J. Pebler and J. Lorberth, J. Organomet. Chem. 348(1988)175.Google Scholar
- G.G. Long, J.G. Stevens, R.J. Tullbane and L.H. Bowen, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 92(1970)4230.Google Scholar
- J.G. Stevens, J.M. Trooster, H.A. Meinema and J.G. Noltes, Inorg. Chem. 20(1981)801.Google Scholar
- Details can be obtained from the authors.Google Scholar